Whether you have suffered from over-plucking, alopecia, uneven shape or are just fed up of drawing on your eyebrows every morning, Eyebrow Enhancements may be the perfect treatment for you!
The perfect brow can give an anti-ageing effect, make your face more symmetrical and give you that boost of confidence that doesn’t wash off at night. Whatever your needs we can create the perfect shape and brow, tailored to you.
At no point in the procedure does hair need to be removed, unless there is an area that would benefit from a slight plucking to achieve the desired look. The idea behind Eyebrow Enhancements is to create a natural looking eyebrow, re-defining your natural shape and then enhancing this. There are a few variations of brow style to choose from, these are:
- A hair stroke brow will give a very natural and soft look; the brow is built up hair by hair. As brows will fade with time, to keep them looking at their best, yearly touch ups will bring the colour back up to their full potential. This can be created either with the digital machine or via the Microbladed method.
- A powder/ombre brow is for the client that likes a strongly defined brow and is usually best for clients that already have hair and like the fuller look. Soft shading techniques are used to create a pencilled in look.
- A combination brow is using the two combined methods of shading and hair strokes to create a natural looking brow but with depth and fullness. This suits all clients whether you have sparse brows, no hair or an ample brow that lacks shape and definition.
Microblading is fast becoming the latest and most desirable cosmetic enhancement treatment around. In short the definition of Microblading is the manual insertion of ink. Using what is commonly referred to as a blade, but is in fact a line of very fine, tiny needles, ink is manually implanted into the skin. Tiny, hyper-realistic hair strands are created to mimic the natural flow and curvature of your eyebrows.
As a fully trained and qualified Phibrows Artist, we are different to standard normal “Microbladers”. Phibrows is a worldwide academy specialising in a specific style and application of the pigment. I was personally trained by Branko Babic, the founder of Phibrows and so have learnt from the very best trainer in the world! Only artists trained with Phibrows earn themselves a logo which can help to distinguish our work.
- Do not bleach your brows, use tanning lotions/sunbeds or excessively sunbathe for a minimum of 2 weeks before treatment.
- Plan for after your treatment. Avoid excessive sweating, salt water or chlorinated pools for 2 weeks.
- Waxing and threading treatments should be performed no less than 1 week prior to your procedure.
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Electrolysis treatments should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Eyebrow tinting should be performed no less than 1 month prior to your procedure.
- Eyebrow hair stimulating products should not be used for 4 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Botox in the brow region should be performed no less than 2 weeks pre procedure
What to Expect
As a guideline, Micropigmentation lasts between 1-2 years before natural fading begins to occur, however this depends on every clients skin, age and lifestyle. Certain things such as too much sun exposure or sunbeds can cause a quicker fading process so it is recommended you put extra suncream/SPF protection on to avoid this.
It is recommended you have a top-up every 12-18 months to keep the shape and pigment looking fresh but we offer top-up prices from 6 months for people who want to keep on top of their colour and prevent any fading.
It is important to remember once you have had your first treatment that you may be surprised when you first look in the mirror. The colour intensity may appear darker and sharper immediately after the procedure but once healed, which normally takes up to 14 days, the initial colour can fade from between 30-70% and everything will soften.
Some clients prefer the softer result however this is why you have a Top-Up after 4-6 weeks. The Top-Up allows for any alterations in shape or colour to be made. You may also notice the surrounding treatment area may be red and slightly swollen. This is completely normal and as the area starts to heal and settle it normally subsides within 48 hours.
Once you have decided Semi-Permanent Makeup is something you would like to do, we will find out what location is most suitable for you to get to and then we can arrange a date and time.
At the time of booking we will:
- Answer any queries you may have
- Book a convenient time and date
- Arrange for you to pay the booking fee to secure treatment
We can carry out a mini consult online or via the phone at the time of booking however at your first appointment we will also run through a consent and medical history form together, and we can answer any further questions you may have.
In order to secure your appointment a non-refundable £50 booking fee is needed which will be taken off your treatment cost. The outstanding balance of your treatment will be due at your first appointment.
If you have already had a consultation then when you arrive we can begin your treatment immediately. If not we will apply the primary numbing cream and then run through your consultation.
To begin your treatment, we will create and design your new eyebrow, eyeliner or lip shape together.
Your first treatment will go as follows:
- Firstly we will apply the primary anaesthetic cream
- Run through your consent form
- Run through your treatment plan and choose a suitable pigment/colour
- Then we will freehand stencil the outline and new shape of your chosen treatment
- Check you are happy with the stencil
- Check you are comfortable and ready to begin
- Once we know you are happy to continue we will begin the treatment
We are self-confessed perfectionists and normally SPMU procedures take between 1 hour 45 mins – 2 hours. However we will work on your shape until the end result is exactly what you want before you leave.
The Aftercare Package
Aftercare is very important as how you care and help your brows during their healing phase will determine how well you retain pigment. At the time of your first treatment you will be given a pack with aftercare instructions inside relating to your relevant treatment. The aftercare for every treatment with either the machine or microblading method is different so it is important you read your information carefully.
Inside your pack you will receive:
- A stress ball to hold and keep, although your treatment will not cause you pain, this helps to stop fidgeting during the treatment
- The relevant aftercare cream or balm
- A care information leaflet with instructions
- An SPF lip balm for eyebrow and lip treatments to apply after your top-up appointment to prevent premature fading
Do’s & Dont’s Before Treatments
- Do keep hydrated before your treatment.
- Keep your face moisturised to prevent dry skin.
- Makeup can be worn to your appointment if you prefer, we take everything off in the treated area before your appointment.
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your enhancement.
- Do not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 2 days prior to and after your enhancement.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
- No alcohol for a minimum of 2 days prior to and after your enhancement. Migration can occur from thinning of blood.
- Do not use Retin A skincare products close to the area to be treated 1 month prior your procedure.
- Do not use retinol products between the first and second top up treatment.
- Do not use AHA skincare products close to the area to be treated 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Avoid professional chemical peels close to the procedure site 1 month prior to your procedure.
- Please be aware that the National Blood Service does not accept donations of blood for 4 months after a permanent cosmetic enhancement.
- We cannot carry out treatments if you are pregnant or nursing.